Terms and Conditions
– THE NOLANS CRUISE COMPETITION – 7 July 2020 – 1 September 2020
- By entering this The Nolans – Cruise Competition (the “Competition”), the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these additional terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland only, excluding employees of Promoter (details of which are set out in paragraph 18) and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years old and above. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this Competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
- This promotion will open for entries from 09:00 7 July 2020 until 23:59 1 September 2020 (the “Competition Period”).
- By entering, the winners agree to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of the winners in any publicity, subject to prevailing data protection legislation.
- Method of Entry: The Competition can be entered by answering the following multiple-choice question correctly:
‘Complete the end of the well-known song lyric: “I’m in the mood for (a) Relaxing, (b) Eating, (c) Dancing
Entrants will also be required to provide their full name, age, email address and phone number along with their answer to the multiple-choice question (the “Entry”) upon entering the Competition. The correct answer to the question must be given for the Entrant to be entered into the Prize Draw. All entries must be submitted via email to the following email address: QuestRedCruise@Discovery.com
- All Entries will be moderated to ensure they meet the criteria set; any entry not meeting the minimum criteria may be disqualified or amended in Promoter’s sole discretion.
- The number of Entries per person for the competition is unlimited.
- Prize: One (1) entrant will win a 7 night cruise in the Mediterranean onboard MSC Grandiosa for two adults, sharing one balcony cabin and full board (excluding drinks/bar service), to be taken between 1st February 2021 and 31st May 2021 excluding departures between 27 March 2021 to 9 April 2021 (RRP = £850 per person) (the “Prize”). The cruise is a round trip departing and arriving in Barcelona (flights and hotel stay to and from the ports are not included in the Prize, this will be at the winner’s expense).
- The winner of the Prize shall be selected at random from all valid Competition entries where the correct answer to the question has been provided (the “Prize Draw”). The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Draw will take place within one (1) week of the end of the Competition Period. The winner will be notified via email and/or phone using the details provided with the Entry within two (2) weeks of the end of the Competition Period. At this point the Promotor will request verification of your name and age and provide full details on how to claim the Prize. The winners must claim their Prize within two (2) weeks of the notification. If the Prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed Prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The cruise must be booked by 1 October 2020 (one (1) month of the end of the Competition Period).
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the Prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- MSC Cruises reserve the right to alter, amend or foreclose the competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances. In the event the Prize is cancelled at any time by MSC Cruises as a result of Covid-19 the Prize will be rescheduled to a later date.
17. The Prize winner and their guest are solely responsible for the following:
a) any tax liability incurred as a result of the Prize;
b) any and all insurance required for the trip; and
c) any travel expenses or costs not specified in the Prize escription at paragraph 10, including but not limited to flights to and from Barcelona from where the cruise departs and arrives, any hotel stays before or after the 7 night cruise and transport to and from the port from which the MSC Grandiosa shall depart and arrive.
The Prize winner and their guest shall be required to hold a valid passport and/or the necessary travel documentation and visas for the purposes of the Prize. All travel included shall be subject to availability.
18. Any additional expenses incurred during the Prize winner’s stay will be the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest to settle. No extensions are permitted. The Promotor accepts no liability or responsibility in connection with injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of this contest or the Prize awarded.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer. The Prize is subject to availability. In the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The Prize must be taken by the winners unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
- Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network (the “Social Networks”). You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the Social Networks. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these terms and conditions. By entering the Prize Draw, entrants will be deemed to have released the Social Networks from any and all liability arising from their participation in the Prize Draw or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Prize Draw.
- Promoter’s details: Discovery Corporate Services Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom. Company number: 08597513.